I’m having a hard time deciding on Ronnie’s backpack for the fall. Which do you like best?
Today was Ronnie’s first day of school – Preschool Summer Camp! This feels a little weird. Okay, a lot weird. My itty bitty 6lb 12oz baby is now a preschooler. I’ve known for a while that Ronnie has needed that extra stimulation, interaction with other kids, and a good educational outlet. Now that he’s completely potty trained, he gets to do stuff like this. I am so happy for him!
Rob and I started out our day at 5:30am to get ourselves ready before we got up our little guy. He actually didn’t want to get out of bed and it took him a few minutes of cuddling with dad before he’d sit at the table for his breakfast. And then, of course, he didn’t even eat it. I think we’ll have to get up even earlier tomorrow. Once we started on our morning routine, though, it was smooth sailing.
- The days are starting to drag now that Rob has been gone for 13 days. 12 more to go!
- I finally cleaned my bathrooms. I don’t think I’ve deep cleaned them in 2 weeks and they needed it bad! I feel good now.
- I broke down and bought Lysol with Febreeze to mop my floors with. I feel so guilty about all the chemicals, but I feel like my floors are cleaner when I smell the freshness. I don’t plan to use it all the time, but today I felt like it.
- There are three baskets of laundry stacked up and sitting on my husband’s night stand waiting to be folded. What a nifty place to keep them since he’s not here right now. I hate laundry and that’s the thing that upsets him the most – when it doesn’t get done. They will probably sit there for a couple more days before I fold them. At least its all clean.
- Today, my landlord’s brother, who serves as our maintenance man, came by and fixed the light in the kitchen. I haven’t had light in the kitchen for 3 months now, so it was a welcome change. He also took a look at the toilet in Ronnie’s bathroom that mysteriously stopped flushing properly about a month ago. Turns out, some little magic fairy stuck a tape measure down in the pipe. Nice.
- My back is still killing me. The stretches help A LOT! But it is still difficult to pick up Ronnie and get things done around here. I have to constantly move, though. If I sit in one spot too long, it hurts worse. To top it off, I think I’m having an allergic reaction to a hot/cold pad thing I bought at Target. I’ll never try that again.
- I’m pretty sure my family is annoyed by my constant calling. I try to only call once a day, but that’s really hard. I stick to that on most days, though. A thought pops into my head and I have to get it out! They are the first ones I think of, but I don’t think they appreciate it very much. I’m all alone here! I need a friend I can call a million times a day, but I HATE to bother people. Emily used to be that person I would call to say stupid stuff to, but we haven’t spoken since Christmas I think. We’ve each got our own VERY different lives now. We’re nothing alike anymore.
- I finally saw Precious. That is such a heart-breaking story. I don’t think it was real, but whoever wrote it had to have been through or seen something similar in order to come up with that. I was so scared for the baby when Mary was going after Precious in the apartment. I was screaming and crying at the TV and felt like a total dork afterwards. The whole thing was just so terribly sad.
- I want a real job – doing graphic/web design. Unfortunately, I don’t really have the credentials to actually get a job doing it. I’m taking some classes now, but they are seriously a joke. I don’t think I’m going to learn anything from them. Everything I know, I had to teach myself through trial and error. I don’t think that will look too good on a resume though. I don’t know all the technological terms and correct design processes. I just do it and it comes out looking good at the end. What I would give to go back to school for real…
I guess that’s all for now…
make beef stroganoff
make egg salad for rob’s lunches
fold all the new laundry that’s piled at the end of the bed
4. attempt to clean out the car (?? – might be too cold!)………uh uh.
find a free online marketing/design class
tidy the house and clean the toilets
7. do lessons 43 and 45 for computer hardware class
8. gather up unused christmas deco to go to storage
‘Cause I’m on cloud nine! I am so super syked today about so many great things happening in my world. First of all, I’m finally starting school again this friday! Its been 5 years since I was in school and that’s just too long. Thanks to the new MyCAA program with Military One Source, I’ll have my IT Certification in 18 months, at most! I’m so thrilled to have this opportunity. And now, I’ll actually get to turn my passion into a career. Soon, you’ll be looking at Shay Bocks, Certified Webmaster.
In addition to that great news, I wake up this morning to find emails requesting a Zazzle shop layout, a Cafepress shop layout, and a .com website! EEEKKK! I’m so excited about all of this!
Got to run now and take the rugrat to his weekly daycare time. And then, I’ll have 4 precious hours to design ferociously!