Orange Day:Focus on all things orange for today. Some ideas are:
- Wear orange. Dress yourself and your toddler up wearing orange clothing. Make a big deal about your ORANGE shirt!
- Add to your Color Book. Using a blank book (like a scrapbook orjournal), allow your toddler to create an orange collage on a 2page-spread. First, allow him/her to color the pages with crayons ormarkers, then have him/her paste pictures of orange things onto thepage. You can either find orange pictures in magazines or print themfrom your computer.
- Serve orange snacks – like oranges, cheese, carrots, cheese puffs, or goldfish.
- Play with orange play-doh.
- Cut or tear orange paper.
Photo from sonictk
Cooking Bagel Smiles: Take a bagel and cut it in half. Allow your toddler to spread peanut butter on the bagel with a knife – but stay close and supervise accordingly! Put some marshmallow “teeth” along the bagel and then place the two halves into a smile shape. Enjoy!
Painting with Oranges: Slice an orange in half and then dip the flesh side into some red, yellow, or orange paint. You could also use a paint brush to apply the paint to the orange. Press the orange down onto a piece of card stock and repeat until you get a fresh piece of art. Talk about how red and yellow mix together to make orange and how the orange paint is the same color as the orange fruit.
Why do we brush our teeth?: Try out this cute little activity at Our Montessori Storyto show your toddler why we brush our teeth. Dip an egg in soda and leave overnight. When you wake up the next morning, the egg will be all brown and yucky. Have your toddler use a toothrbush and toothpaste to brush the egg and get it clean. Now have him brush his own teeth and count to 5 on the bottom and 5 on top. Now your turn to brush his teeth – count to 5 on the bottom and 5 on the top. Repeat 4 times.
Photo from Our Montessori Story
D is for Duck: Follow this tutorial at No Time for Flashcardsto make an adorable duck out of the letter D. Added bonus, she has a little video to show you how to sing a catchy song about ducks!
Photo from No Time for Flashcards