- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat sugar and eggs until its nice and thick. Add the butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add the zucchini, followed by the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Makes 24 muffins.
calories 190; protein 6g; carbohydrate 35g; sugar 22g; fiber 2g; fat 5g; saturated fat 3g; sodium 168mg; cholesterol 32mg
folate 6.5%; potassium 117mg; vitamin A 6.8%; maganese 12.7%